AMBASSADOR MAMMAN NUHU
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, LAKE CHAD BASIN COMMISSION
& HEAD OF MISSION, MULTINATIONAL JOINT TASK FORCE
Ambassador Mamman Nuhu is a career diplomat with 32 years of diplomatic experience from 1982-2014.
He served in various capacities in five Nigerian diplomatic missions:
- Embassy of Nigeria, Paris, from 1982-1985;
- Embassy of Nigeria, N’Djamena, 1988-1992;
- Consulate General of Nigeria, New York, 1998-2003;
- Nigerian High Commission, Pretoria, from 2007-2011; and
- Embassy of Nigeria, Harare, where he served as Ambassador from 2011 – 2014.
Amb. Nuhu served as Senior Political Adviser to the Lake Chad Basin Commission & the Multinational Joint Task Force (LCBC/MNJTF) from July 2016 to 28 February 2018 when he was appointed to his current position as Executive Secretary of the Lake Chad Basin Commission and Head of Mission of the Multinational Joint Task Force.
He was born on 16 March 1954. He graduated from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria, in 1978, with a BA (Hons) French Language. He holds several post-graduate diplomas, including one on diplomacy from the Nigerian Foreign Service Academy.